FULTON COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING:
SOCIAL WELFARE EXAMINER
FULTON, MONTGOMERY, HAMILTON, HERKIMER OR SARATOGA COUNTY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
There are immediate temporary and provisional vacancies open at the Department of Social Services
2018 Salary: $15.84 (Starting Rate) – $18.64 (After One Year of Benefits Eligible Service)
Typical Work Activities:
- Collects data relevant to eligibility determinations;
- Prepares documents for data entry and utilizes computer systems as related to job;
- Prepares payments associated with eligibility programs and reviews vouchers for accuracy; Determines eligibility for financial management program;
- Prepares payments, monitors status and evaluates continued availability for service;
- Interviews clients eliciting complete and accurate information through verbal inquiry that takes place either in the office, the applicant’s home or by telephone;
- Completes eligibility worksheet;
- Reviews the application forms and accompanying documentation for completeness, accuracy and adherence to mandates;
- Conducts collateral contacts with outside agency sources to verify questionable or inconsistent information initially provided by the client;
- Explains program requirements to the client and advises them of their entitlements, obligations and rights;
- Determines eligibility for social service program(s) and computes the benefits the client is entitled to;
- Maintains complete, accurate and properly organized case records; Keeps case information current by processing known changes in client circumstance and re-evaluates eligibility on a periodic or as-needed basis; Informs client about the range of services available in the agency, makes referrals to appropriate service providers which include outside agencies;
- When assigned to Third Party Resource duties, reviews and processes forms related to third-party health insurance and determines the cost effectiveness of agency payment of applicant recipient medical insurance premiums as compared to the costs of Medicaid coverage.
The above examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Graduation from high school, possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or a high school individual education plan diploma, and two years of full-time paid experience in examining, investigating or evaluating claims for assistance, veterans or unemployment benefits, insurance or a similar program operating under established criteria for eligibility.
NOTE: Study in a New York State registered or regionally accredited college or university or a business school registered by New York State may be substituted for the work experience on a year-for-year basis
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Certain assignments made to employees in this class will require access to transportation to meet field requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
Applications should be filed with the
Fulton County Personnel Department
1 East Montgomery Street Johnstown NY 12095
They can be found HERE