Details are outlined in Department of Solid Waste brochures. Additional brochures available upon request by calling the DSW at 518-736-5504. All transfer stations accept singlestream recycling, as well as the following recyclables:
- Singlestream Recycling
- Bulk Metals – Stoves, dishwashers, dryers, etc. (see page 3). A transfer station permit is needed for metal disposal. Caroga residents must purchase a coupon from municipal clerk to dispose of an appliance (see page 1).
- Electronics and televisions - see “Computers” page 4.
- Textiles & Shoes - Put in textile collection boxes. See “Textiles” page 16 for expanded list.
- Motor Oil – Put used motor oil in a translucent jug with a tight cap, hand to station attendant (Residents DO NOT pour the oil into the 55-gallon drums themselves).
- Propane Tanks - 20-lb propane tanks are accepted at the Solid Waste Department ONLY. (Put next to Freon units). Small, empty 1-lb propane tanks are garbage.
- Rechargeable Batteries - Residents can bring rechargeable batteries and button batteries and dispose of them in special containers at each transfer station. (in with electronics).
- Vehicle Batteries – Place in designated location at each transfer station. Or encourage residents to turn in their batteries for the rebate at stores that sell vehicle batteries.
Perth residents are allowed use of the Broadalbin Transfer Station, 221 Union Mills Road, to drop off used motor oil, rechargeable batteries, vehicle batteries, electronics or textiles at no charge (and no sticker needed).