INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING:
FULTON, MONTGOMERY, HAMILTON, HERKIMER OR SARATOGA
COUNTY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
This is a permanent vacancy in the Fulton County Information Technology Department.
2022 Salary Range: $23.52 (Start Rate) - $27.67 (After One Year of Benefits Eligible Service)
Typical Work Activities (Illustrative but not exhaustive):
- Creates, operates, administers and maintains a county-wide Geographic Information System (GIS) and database;
- Identifies data sources, collects and updates data for GIS projects;
- Maintains security and control of digital data and databases;
- Establishes GIS procedures and protocols for system use and operations;
- Sets goals for the GIS program and develops plans to reach those goals;
- Creates cooperative agreements with other agencies for data acquisition and data sharing;
- Coordinates and works with other agencies to achieve project goals;
- Prepares maps and reports;
- Operates and manages GIS software, interfaces and peripheral devices;
- Conducts data acquisition with GPS equipment;
- Integrates the County GIS into local projects providing assistance through map making or modeling to local municipalities;
- Operates computer-aided design (CAD) system;
- Provides technical support to county departments in the development of GIS applications to meet operational needs;
- Researches and recommends purchases of GIS software and related hardware;
- Generates and maintains maps for various departments;
- Prepares and administers state and federal grant applications;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to the work.
The above examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from high school, possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or a high school individual education plan diploma, and either:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, civil engineering, planning, computer science, urban geography or related field and one year of experience in computer applications involving a geographic information system; or
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in computer applications involving a geographic information system; or
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
A copy or photocopy of your official academic transcript showing courses taken and degree conferred (if a degree is required) must accompany your application. If submitting a photocopy, this office must be able to verify it is an official transcript. Your transcript does not have to be submitted in a sealed envelope from the Registrar’s Office. If your transcript, as previously described, does not accompany your application, your application will be disqualified.
A Civil Service Examination will be held for this position at a later date.
Applications should be filed with the
Fulton County Personnel Department
1 East Montgomery Street
Johnstown NY 12095
They can be found on our website at www.fultoncountyny.gov.