FULTON COUNTY HIGHWAYS & FACILITIES DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING:
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC HELPER
FULTON COUNTY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
This is a permanent vacancy in the Fulton County Highway and Facilities Department.
Salary Range: $15.33 Per Hour (Start Rate) - $18.03 Per Hour (After One Year of Benefits Eligible Service)
Typical Work Activities:
(Illustrative but not exhaustive):
- Maintains repair records of vehicles detailing nature of repairs, costs and vendors;
- Assists in minor servicing of vehicles and in maintaining their cleanliness;
- Checks oil levels of motors, transmissions and differentials;
- Checks air brake pressure and level of brake fluid;
- Changes oil, oil filters and air filters;
- Changes tires and repairs flats;
- Keeps garage and storage facilities clean;
- Orders and picks up parts from parts supply vendor;
- Operate fuel truck; Loads and unloads various departments inventories;
- Cleans parts prior to repair;
- Sandblasts and paints equipment;
- May assist with snow removal.
The above examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- One year of satisfactory experience in a position which shall have involved automotive maintenance and repair; Or
- Completion of 30 credit hours in a New York State registered or regionally accredited college or university with a minimum of 6 credit hours in automotive or diesel repair technology or closely related field.
NOTE: If the position requires operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle, appropriate licensure is required.
If qualifying by B (education option), a copy or photocopy of your official academic transcript showing courses taken and degree conferred (if a degree is required) must accompany your application. If submitting a photocopy, this office must be able to verify it is an official transcript. Your transcript does not have to be submitted in a sealed envelope from the Registrar’s Office. If your transcript, as previously described, does not accompany your application, your application will be disqualified.
Applications should be filed with the
Fulton County Personnel Department
1 East Montgomery Street Johnstown NY 12095
They can be found Here
Back to Personnel