FULTON COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING:
PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATOR
FULTON, MONTGOMERY, HAMILTON, HERKIMER OR SARATOGA COUNTY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
This is a permanent vacancy in the Fulton County Public Health Department.
2019 Salary: $20.37 (Starting Rate) – $23.96 (After One Year of Benefits Eligible Service)
Typical Work Activities:
Designs, implements, evaluates and conducts public health programs, seminars and workshops to improve health and wellness and to prevent disease, injury and premature death;
Collaborates with other community groups to identify public health education needs in the community and promote public health;
Reviews, solicits, evaluates, creates and maintains an inventory of public education materials;
Reviews data, conducts surveys and participates in writing of the County’s community health assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan;
Prepares public health spots for radio, TV and/or newspapers targeting a specific public health topic as needed;
Prepares grants, reports and consults with supervisor on a regular basis to coordinate and evaluate public health programs, activities and in coordinating in-house in-services for staff;
Maintains, promotes and updates various social media platforms in order to increase public health education and chronic disease prevention efforts;
May be required to give a presentation in the evenings or on weekends.
The above examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Graduation from high school, possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or a high school individual education plan diploma, and either:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in health education, health science, public health, health promotion, community health, health communications or a closely related field; or
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in education, nursing, epidemiology, wellness and fitness, nutrition or a closely related field and one year of experience in health education, health teaching or health counseling with patients or families; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
- As this position involves substantial travel, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver’s license and have access to a motor vehicle or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job. This requirement must be met at the time of appointment and continuously thereafter.
- Candidates will have to become a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician within one year of the date of appointment.
A copy or photocopy of your official academic transcript showing courses taken and degree conferred (if a degree is required) must accompany your application. If submitting a photocopy, this office must be able to verify it is an official transcript. Your transcript does not have to be submitted in a sealed envelope from the Registrar’s Office. If your transcript, as previously described, does not accompany your application, your application will be disqualified.
A Civil Service Examination will be held for this position at a later date.
Applications should be filed with the
Fulton County Personnel Department
1 East Montgomery Street Johnstown NY 12095
They can be found HERE