FULTON COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING:
PUBLIC HEALTH FISCAL MANAGER
FULTON COUNTY RESIDENCY REQUIRED
This is a permanent vacancy in the Fulton County Public Health Department.
2019 Annual Salary: $45,695 (Start Rate) - $53,759 (One Year Rate)
Typical Work Activities:
- Oversees accounting and billing systems and procedures to provide complete and accurate records of the Public Health agency financial transactions;
- Implements policies and procedures pertaining to financial and administrative issues;
- Assists in the preparation, supervision and administration of the departmental budget;
- Secures budget estimates, prepares accurate audit reports and reviews departmental expenditures;
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial, statistical and administrative reports to comply with State requirements;
- With the Public Health Director, deals with representatives of other local departments and State agencies on fiscal matters;
- Acts in a confidential capacity to the department head on financial issues, departmental operations and personnel matters;
- May act for or in place of the department head in their absence on financial or administrative matters;
- Establishes and maintains internet websites to conduct on-line financial operations for grants, cost reports and various communications with agencies;
- Participates in regular management team meetings as the primary member responsible for financial and administrative issues;
- Participates in the staffing decisions of the department;
- Manages personnel issues including staffing patterns, making hiring recommendations, evaluating performance and directing disciplinary actions;
- Supervises and trains subordinate staff;
- Responds to a variety of correspondence regarding fiscal matters of the department;
- Assists in the administration of collective bargaining agreements for the department.
The above examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Graduation from high school, possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or a high school individual education plan diploma, and either:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, public administration, economics or a closely related field and two years of experience in the field of accounting or finance work which must have been in maintaining or auditing double entry books of a business including general ledger or maintaining governmental agency books involving appropriation accounting and the preparation of budget and financial reports, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s Degree in accounting, business administration, public administration, economics or a closely related field and four years of experience as described in (A) above, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
- Six years of experience as described in (A) above, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B) and (C) above.
If qualifying by A, B or D (education options), a copy or photocopy of your official academic transcript showing courses taken and degree conferred (if a degree is required) must accompany your application. If submitting a photocopy, this office must be able to verify it is an official transcript. Your transcript does not have to be submitted in a sealed envelope from the Registrar’s Office. If your transcript, as previously described, does not accompany your application, your application will be disqualified.
A Civil Service Examination will be held for this position at a later date.
Applications should be filed with
the Fulton County Personnel Department
1 East Montgomery Street
Johnstown NY 12095
Applications can be found HereBack to Personnel