Supervisors BORN, CALLERY AND ARGOTSINGER offered the following Resolution and moved its adoption:

RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING EXTENSION OF CASEWORKER POSITION FOR THE SCHOOL INTERVENTION PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (GLOVERSVILLE ENLARGED SCHOOL DISTRICT)

WHEREAS, the Department of Social Services currently provides caseworker services through the School Intervention Partnership Program (SIPP) in the Gloversville Enlarged School District, with the primary purpose of providing early intervention into the lives of at-risk children to prevent entry into foster care; and

WHEREAS, the Committee on Social Services recommends continuing the SIPP Caseworker position on the condition that the entire "local share" be funded by the host school district; and

WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors agrees to continue said service, contingent upon the Gloversville Enlarged School District providing the entire local share of associated costs (estimated at 25 percent), with the remaining share (estimated at 75 percent) to be provided from State and Federal reimbursement; now, therefore be it

RESOLVED, That one (1) Caseworker position (Union Job Group A-17) be and hereby is extended in the Department of Social Services, effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020; and, be it further RESOLVED, That this Resolution and continuation of said position is contingent upon the Gloversville School District providing the entire 25 percent local share for said position; and, be it further

RESOLVED, That said contract/agreement shall be subject to further review by the appropriate committee of this Board of Supervisors in the event of any changes/ reductions to State and/or Federal revenues, in order to make necessary budget adjustments and/or contract amendments; and, be it further

RESOLVED, That certified copies of this Resolution be forwarded to the County Treasurer, Social Services Commissioner, Personnel Director, CSEA Local 818, Gloversville Enlarged School District, Budget Director/County Auditor, and Administrative Officer/Clerk of the Board.

Seconded by Supervisor GREENE and adopted by the following vote:
TOTAL: Ayes: 19 Nays: 0 Absent: 1 (Supervisor Potter)

 

Back to Proceedings