General Transfer Station Information
This station accepts: garbage, recycling and bulk metal WITH A PERMIT ONLY
This stations accepts: electronics, textiles, used motor oil, and old vehicle batteries from any resident, NO PERMIT IS NEEDED.
Items below must come to the Solid Waste Department, 847 Mud Road, Johnstown ONLY:
- Freon units (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers). $5 each
- Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes. No Charge
- Mercury-containing thermostats. No Charge
- Latex Paint. (Saturday mornings in June, July and August only). Drop off or take paint. No Charge
- Household Hazardous Waste. (2nd Saturday in August, every other year). No Charge
- Tires (off the rim): $3.00 up to 16”; $5 for tires 16.5”- 21”; $13 for tires 21.5” - 24”; bulk tires (more than 20) or tires over 24.5” $350/ton
*There is no charge for appliances.
Holiday Hours Download/Print
|Monday:||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday:||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday:||8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|