Fulton County employers draw workers within a 45‐minute commuting distance that includes Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga Springs and other population centers.
- Region’s workforce totals approximately 500,000. This workforce, which spans nine counties, includes workers within 45-‐minute drive.
- Average annual wage in Region is $43,000.
- Average commuting time is 23.4 minutes.
- Fulton‐Montgomery Community College (FMCC) offers tailored training to provide local companies with skilled workers.
- Two new Pathways in Technology (PTECH) Programs serve Fulton County. These PTECH schools, which are new models for secondary educations, are training students in business management, advanced manufacturing, information technology and health science. Upon graduating from these PTECH Programs with Associates Degrees, these students will represent another source of trained, skilled labor for businesses in the Region.
- There are 15 colleges
Employers in Fulton County offer competitive wages for both goods and service producing jobs. The median annual salary is $31,200 in service producing industries and $33,200 in goods producing industries. This equates to retail buying power of approximately $11,000 per person. In this range, two wage earner families can purchase a home valued at between $120,000 and $190,000, significantly beyond the median home value countywide of $108,000. New industries targeted by the County offer an average annual wage estimated at $43,000. At that level, a two-‐wage earner household could afford a home between $172,000 and $258,000.