Supervisors BREH AND ARGOTSINGER offered the following Resolution and moved its adoption:
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AN EXTENSION TO A MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT WITH HAMILTON COUNTY TO PROVIDE E911 BACK UP SERVICES (SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT)
WHEREAS, in 2017, the Hamilton County Board of Supervisors and the Hamilton County Sheriff requested assistance from the County of Fulton to provide E911 Dispatch Backup Service to the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office; and
WHEREAS, Resolution 299, dated August 14, 2017, authorized a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to Provide the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department with E911 Back-up Services on a trial basis; and
WHEREAS, Resolution 141 of 2019 authorized a Memorandum of Agreement with Hamilton County to provide E911 Back-up Services effective through December 31, 2020; and
RESOLVED, That upon the recommendation of the Sheriff and Committees on Public Safety and Finance, the Chairman of the Board be, and hereby is, authorized to extend a Memorandum of Agreement with Hamilton County Board of Supervisors to provide E911 Dispatch Back-up Services for Southern Hamilton County effective immediately through December 31, 2020, subject to cancellation by either party upon 60 days notice; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That said Memorandum of Agreement include, but not be limited to, the following terms and conditions:
1. All costs of establishing, maintenance and repairs shall be the responsibility of County of Hamilton.
2. There shall be testing of equipment before system goes live.
3. Back-up by Fulton County Dispatch only occurs after seven (7) rings go unanswered in Hamilton County Dispatch.
4. Back-up will not add substantial additional calls to Fulton County’s system.
5. The system will not necessitate any additional Fulton County staffing or overtime.
6. Hamilton County will provide a full “Hold Harmless” provision to Fulton County, satisfactory to the County Attorney.
and, be it further
RESOLVED, That said Memorandum of Agreement shall be subject to approval for renewal by the Board of Supervisors on an annual basis; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That said Memorandum of Understanding is subject to the approval of the County Attorney; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That certified copies of this Resolution be forwarded to the County Treasurer, Fulton County Sheriff, County Attorney, Hamilton County Board of Supervisors, Hamilton County Sheriff, Civil Defense Director/Fire Coordinator, E911 Coordinator (Planning Director) and Administrative Officer/Clerk of the Board.
Seconded by Supervisor PERRY and adopted by the following vote:
TOTAL: Ayes: 19 Nays: 0 Vacant: 1 (City of Johnstown – Ward 1)