The Vail Mills Development Area
offers premier opportunities for infill development in the hamlet of Vail Mills located at the intersection of NYS Routes 29 and 30; a key gateway to the Great Sacandaga Lake and the Adirondack State Park. Vail Mills is adjacent to the historic Village of Broadalbin in scenic Fulton County, NY. As a “Gateway to the Adirondacks” the Vail Mills Development Area is witness to over 10,000 average daily traffic volumes. The development area includes several successful businesses and a rail trail, a proposed park and a canoe launch at Kennyetto Creek. The community-‐supported plan for the numerous development sites includes new single-‐family housing, a commercial/retail district and lodging in a pastoral setting.
- Multiple prime development sites at strategic crossroads of two state highways.
- Strong public support for a concept plan agreed to by both Town and County.
- Opportunity to build in successful commercial corridor that includes a regional Harley Davidson Dealership.
- Planned infrastructure investments to support development.
- Established market demand for new housing and retail.
- Excellent location along major tourism route to the Great Sacandaga Lake and the Adirondack Park.
- High visibility commercial development sites available on NYS Route 29 and 30.
- Development‐ready zoning.
- Restaurants within walking distance of development sites.
- Planned public park with trail system, open space, and canoe launch.
- Less than two miles to historic downtown Broadalbin’s shops and restaurants and under 6 miles to the City of Amsterdam’s commercial center.
- Close proximity to year‐round, world-‐class outdoor recreation opportunities, including boating, fishing, hunting, swimming, camping, downhill and cross-‐country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, snowboarding, motocross racing, horseback riding and more.
- Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville (FJ&G) Rail Trail’s ten miles of multi‐use trail.
The Development Concept features a vibrant community center with a mix of single‐family homes, senior apartments and lodging for those frequenting the Adirondack State Park and other tourists, all within walking distance of shops, restaurants, recreational amenities including a proposed park with canoe launch on the Kennyetto Creek and Rail Trail access, and a tourism node with visitor center and other services.
Development Concept/ Opportunities
100 Senior Apartments
Greenspace and Parks
4-‐acre Park with Access to Canoeable Water
72-‐Unit Hotel, Farmer’s Market Building, Trail System with Community Links