Ephratah Transfer Station
5225 State Route 29, St. Johnsville, NY 13452
Serves Town of Ephratah Residents.
Permit Required from Town Clerk.
Permit Stickers Valid 1/1 – 12/31 (2 years). Check with Town Clerk for pricing.
General Transfer Station Information
This station accepts: garbage, Single Stream recycling, bulk metal, textiles, used motor oil, vehicle and rechargeable batteries and electronics (computers, monitors & TVs). No additional charge.
5’ x 8’ is the MAXIMUM size for trailers. Dump trucks/trailers not allowed.
Items below must come to the Department of Solid Waste at 847 Mud Road, Johnstown ONLY:
• Freon containing units (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers). $5 each
• Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes. No Charge
• Mercury-containing thermostats. No Charge
• Household Hazardous Waste. (ODD Years in August). Watch for announcement. No Charge
• Tires (off the rim): $3.00 up to 16”; $5 for tires 16.5”- 21”; $13 for tires 21.5” - 24”; bulk tires (20 or more) or tires over 24.5” $350/ton
There is no charge for appliances.
|Transfer Station Hours|
|Monday:||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Holidays||See Holiday Schedule|
Note: There is NO Curbside garbage pickup or Curbside Recycling provided in the Town of Ephratah.
Purchase Transfer Station Permits from:
Ephratah Town Hall
3782 State Route 10
St. Johnsville, NY 13452 (Ephratah)
Town of Ephratah Website