Oppenheim Transfer Station
122 State Hwy 331, St. Johnsville, NY 13452 (Town of Oppenheim)
Serves Town of Oppenheim Residents.
Permit Required from Town Clerk.
Permit Stickers Valid 1/1 – 12/31 (2 years). Check with Town Clerk for pricing.
General Transfer Station Information
This station accepts: garbage, Single Stream recycling, bulk metal, textiles, used motor oil, vehicle and rechargeable batteries and electronics (computers, monitors & TVs). No additional charge.
5’ x 8’ is the MAXIMUM size for trailers. Dump trucks/trailers not allowed.
Items below must come to the Department of Solid Waste at 847 Mud Road, Johnstown ONLY:
• Freon containing units (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers). $5 each
• Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes. No Charge
• Mercury-containing thermostats. No Charge
• Household Hazardous Waste. (ODD Years in August). Watch for announcement. No Charge
• Tires (off the rim): $3.00 up to 16”; $5 for tires 16.5”- 21”; $13 for tires 21.5” - 24”; bulk tires (20 or more) or tires over 24.5” $350/ton
There is no charge for appliances.Holiday Hours Download/Print
Transfer Station Hours
|Tuesday:||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|HOLIDAY||See Holiday Schedule|
Note: There is NO Curbside garbage pickup or Curbside Recycling provided in the Town of Oppenheim.
Purchase Transfer Station Permits from the Town Clerk
Oppenheim Town Hall
110 Route 331St.
Johnsville, NY 13452